ESRI Australia ha pensato che il classico PDF “Functionality Matrix” fosse un pochino complesso da consultare, soprattutto per gli utenti che per la prima volta si avvicinano ad un “ArcGIS”. E quindi hanno pensato di condensare in un elenco sintetico tutte le funzionalità di Desktop 10.1 dettagliate per ogni livello di licenza:
FUNZIONALITA’ COMUNI A TUTTI I LIVELLI DI LICENZA (Basic, Standard and Advanced):
- MAP INTERACTION: Map Navigation, Queries, Tables, General Mapping, Tabular Data, Vector Data Display, Thematic Vector Data Classifications, Symbology.
- RASTER DATA DISPLAY: Gradual Colour Ramp Data-Stretching Algorithms, Panchromatic Sharpening, Display Statistics, Display Resample Methods, Display Classification Methods, Raster Catalog Footprint Display, Raster Tools, Elevation Surface Display, Time Animation and Temporal Data.
- PAGE LAYOUT & PRINTING.
- PUBLISHING AND SHARING MAPS AND DATA: Creating High-Performance Dynamic Maps, Sharing Maps, Layers, and Data.
- PUBLISHING & SHARING ANALYSIS: Sharing Geoprocessing and Geocoding.
- AUTOMATING MAP WORKFLOWS: Using the ArcPy Mapping Module.
- MAP TEXT: Labels, Annotation.
- ADVANCED LABELLING with the Label Placement Rule Set.
- ADDRESS MATCHING: Geocoding Tools, ArcGIS Online Locators, Geoprocessing.
- RASTER DATA SUPPORT: Direct Read of Raster Data, Direct Read and Write of Raster Data (except Oracle Spatial GeoRaster), Geodatabase Raster Management (except Create and Manage Raster Data in a Multiuser Geodatabase and Create Raster Mosaics).
- DOCUMENT & DATA SUPPORT: Map and Symbology Files, Direct Read of Vector and Raster Data, Direct Editing of Vector Data, Direct Read of Other Data, Coordinate Systems.
- CAD SUPPORT: CAD File Support, Direct Read of CAD Data, Editing with CAD Data.
- APPLICATION FRAMEWORK CUSTOMIZATION: Application Look & Feel, Customization.
- DATA EDITING: General Editing, Snapping Types/to Topology Elements, with Tolerance, Geometry Construction Options, Geometry Creation Tools, Feature Manipulation Tasks, Feature Editing Tools, Attribute Editing, Multipart Features (Point, Line, and Polygon), Map Navigation While Editing, Vector Data Transformations, Generalization.
- RASTER EDITING & VECTORIZATION: Vectorize All Raster Formats Supported in ArcGIS, ArcGIS Integration, Raster Snapping Geometry, Raster Snapping Environment, Vectorization Tracing, Automatic Vectorization, Vectorization Parameters, Vectorization Preview, Raster Cell Selection, Raster Cleanup Environment, Raster Cleanup Painting Tools, Support Tools.
- MOBILE: GPS Support, Tablet PC, ArcGIS Mobile Support.
- MULTIUSER GEODATABASE ARCHIVING: Display & Query.
- SPATIAL REFERENCING IMAGE DATA (Georeferencing): Tools, Transformation Methods, Save Spatial Reference Information.
- DATA MANAGEMENT: General, Search for Maps, Data & Tools, basic Geodatabase & Database Administration (except Use a Database Connection to Read Spatial and Tabular Data, Create a Query Layer, Create a Database Connection to Any Supported Database, Delete or Rename Tables in a Database Connection, Add, Delete, or Rename Fields in a Database Connection).
- ATTRIBUTE VALIDATION: Subtypes Geoprocessing, Domains Geoprocessing.
- TOPOLOGY: Map Display, Editing (except Create/Split Polygons from Lines or Create Lines from Polygons, Split Lines Where They Intersect, Validate a Specific Area or the Entire Topology ,Search for Errors of a Specific Type within One Area or the Entire Topology, Inspect Errors by Zooming, Panning, or Selecting the Features).
- NETWORKS: Utility (Geometric) Network Analysis.
- LINEAR REFERENCING (ROUTES): Display, Editing, Geoprocessing.
- METADATA: General, Managing Metadata Using a Variety of Styles, Geoprocessing.
- GEOPROCESSING: Environment, Scripting, General Data Management (except Delete Identical & Find Identical), Data Comparison, Table Management (except Analyze and Pivot Table), Field Mangement, Feature Class Management, Feature Management (except Dice, Minimum Bounding Geometry, Feature Envelope to Polygon, Feature to Line, Feature to Point, Feature to Polygon, Feature Vertices to Points, Polygon to Line, Split Line at Point, Split Line at Vertices), File Geodatabase compress and uncompress Data, Generalization (Dissolve only). Projections & Transformations, Vector Data Projection, Raster Management, Raster Conversion (except Point to Raster, Polygon to Raster, Polyline to Raster).
FUNZIONALITA’ AGGIUNTIVE DISPONIBILI NELLA LICENZA STANDARD O ADVANCED:
- MAP TEXT: Annotation Editing and Dimension Management (Create Aligned Dimensions Displaying the True Distance between Points, Create Linear Dimensions Displaying Horizontal, Vertical, or an Angled Distance between Points, Create and Edit Feature-Linked Annotation Feature Classes in a Geodatabase).
- ADVANCED CARTOGRAPHY: Cartographic Editing Tools, Point Geometric Effects, Line Geometric Effects, Polygon Geometric Effects, Interactive Symbol Editing, Geoprocessing Representation Management.
Data Support & Interoperability
- RASTER DATA SUPPORT: Direct Read and Write of Raster Data – Oracle Spatial GeoRaster, Geodatabase Raster Management – Create and Manage Raster Data in a Multiuser Geodatabase and Create Raster Mosaics.
- DOCUMENT & DATA SUPPORT: Direct Read of Vector & Raster Data – ArcSDE for SQL Express and Enterprise, Geodatabases, ArcGIS for Server Feature Services.
- DATA EDITING: Coordinate Geometry, Parcel Editing.
- MULTIUSER GEODATABASE EDITING: General Editing, Administration & Versioning Geoprocessing, Short Transaction.
- MULTIUSER GEODATABASE ARCHIVING: Management.
- DISTRIBUTED GEODATABASES: Manage Replicas, Disconnected Editing Geoprocessing, Distributed Geodatabases Geoprocessing.
Data Management & Validation
- DATA MANAGEMENT: Manage Coverage Data, Administration, Geodatabase XML File Import/Export, Geodatabase & Database Administration (Create and Load Vector Data into a Multiuser Geodatabase or Database, Create and Load Raster Data into a Multiuser Geodatabase, Create Users or Roles for a Database Connection, Grant or Revoke Privileges to Users or Groups in a Connection, Create a Database View, Create Tables/Feature Classes That Store Custom Objects/Features, Analyze Datasets to Update RDBMS Statistics for GIS Data).
- ATTRIBUTE VALIDATION: Create & Edit Relationships for Features, Geodatabase Relationship Behavior, Relationship Class Geoprocessing.
- TOPOLOGY: Editing (Create/Split Polygons from Lines or Create Lines from Polygons, Split Lines Where They Intersect, Validate a Specific Area or the Entire Topology ,Search for Errors of a Specific Type within One Area or the Entire Topology, Inspect Errors by Zooming, Panning, or Selecting the Features); Geodatabase Topology Rule Violation Fix Operations, Management, Rules and Geoprocessing.
- NETWORKS: Data Management, Geometric Network Connectivity Rules, Geometric Network Editing.
Data Manipulation & Analysis
- GEOPROCESSING: General Data Management (Delete Identical & Find Identical), Manage Attachments, Table Management (Analyze and Pivot Table), Editing (Densify, Erase Point, Extend Line, Flip Line, Generalize, Snap, Trim Line), Generalization (only Simplify Line, Smooth Line, Smooth Polygon), Raster Mosaics Creation & Management, LAS Datasets Handling tools, Conversion (WFS to Feature Class), Parcel Fabric Tools.
- WORKSPACE MANAGEMENT: Create ArcSDE Connection File, Create Database Connection, Create Spatial Type, Create ArcInfo Workspace.
- GEODATABASE ADMINISTRATION: Change Privileges, Compress (Enterprise Geodatabase), Create Database User, Create Enterprise Geodatabase, Create Role, Enable Enterprise Geodatabase, Migrate Storage, Rebuild Indexes, Register with Geodatabase.
- GEOMETRIC NETWORK FUNCTIONS.
FUNZIONALITA’ AGGIUNTIVE DISPONIBILI SOLO NELLA LICENZA ADVANCED:
- ADVANCED CARTOGRAPHY: Geoprocessing Graphic Quality, Masking Tools and Symbolization Refinement.
Data Manipulation & Analysis
- COVERAGE GEOPROCESSING.
- GEOPROCESSING: Feature Management (Dice, Minimum Bounding Geometry, Feature Envelope to Polygon, Feature to Line, Feature to Point, Feature to Polygon, Feature Vertices to Points, Polygon to Line, Split Line at Point, Split Line at Vertices, Unsplit Line). Generalization (Collapse Road Details, Create Cartographic Partitions, Delineate Built-Up Areas, Aggregate Polygons, Aggregate Points, Collapse Dual Lines to Centerline, Eliminate, Eliminate Polygon Part, Merge Divided Roads, Simplify Building, Simplify Polygon, Thin Road Network). Raster Conversion (Point to Raster, Polygon to Raster, Polyline to Raster). Raster Transformation/Projection, Conversion – LAS Dataset to Raster & Feature Class to Coverage. Core Analysis – Create Thiessen Polygons, Erase, Frequency, Identity, Near, Generate Near Table, Point Distance, Polygon Neighbours, Split, Symmetrical Difference, Tabulate Intersection, Update.
Per qualsiasi approfondimento può essere di aiuto la classica versione pdf “ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop Functionality Matrix”, sempre disponibile a questo link: http://www.esri.com/library/brochures/pdfs/arcgis101-desktop-functionality-matrix.pdf oppure non vi resta che chiedere un aiuto allo Staff GIS di One Team scrivendo a email@example.com , saremo a vostra disposizione.